Procurement & Quotations Assistant
Full time – 40 hours
£24,000 – £26,000
How do you contribute?
You will play a vital role within our Sales and Design team with finalising and costing up designs and liaising with customers throughout the sales process. You will manage the start of the customers’ journey with Sheffield Sustainable Kitchens ensuring all relevant information is captured, pricing is clear and everything signed off before ensuring a clear handover with the next step on the customers’ journey – Installations.
You will manage all administrative activities in relation to the sales process, supporting our designers and sales team members. This will include quoting, sourcing and ordering of materials and stock. You will manage the day to day sales administration, and will play a vital role in communicating with our customers, suppliers and internal departments.
You should have sustainability and conscious practices at the forefront of your decision making as well as a commitment to the company values;
Happy & Hardworking
Ethics, and Friendly
- Pricing up kitchen, bathroom, and associated building projects based on 2D plans and 3D renders.
- Compiling accurate quotations on our pricing system for both the design, building, and trades works for all of the projects for the Sales and Design team to present to clients.
- Accurately updating the business’ project management and administration software systems.
- Conducting telephone, video, face-to-face (when appropriate), and email conversations with suppliers and contractors.
- Ensuring client briefs are clearly communicated with the Installations and Project Management Team for modelling.
- Obtain and analyse supplier and contractor quotes, negotiate total cost elements and maintain procurement of commodities.
- Assisting in ensuring that projects run on time and within budget with the wider supply chain.
What is the nature of my key colleague relationships at Sheffield Sustainable Kitchens?
You report to the Finance and HR Manager. They are there to support, develop and mentor you in a way that furthers the skills you have already proven.
You will receive comprehensive 121’s and appraisals where a key development plan is followed, assessed and reviewed regularly.
You will work alongside the Installations Team as a bridge between them and the Sales and Design Team to communicate project details, ensuring a seamless transition and smooth customer journey.
You will have:
- At least 2 years experience working in a similar role
- A good understanding and knowledge of Kitchen Design / Sales and Pricing
- Some technical knowledge of the element parts that make up a kitchen
- Experience working with tradespeople
- Highly organised and efficient
- The ability to manage your own projects
- A team player and collaborator
- A values driven approach
- The ability to take your own initiative
- Experience working in a customer facing role
- An understanding of and commitment to sustainability
- A fair and objective decision maker
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
It would be an advantage if you have:
- CAD skills
What will Sheffield Sustainable Kitchens do for me?
- We will pay you a salary of £24-£26,000
- We will give you 29 days holiday each year, which includes all bank holidays
- One day to be taken no questions asked whenever you might just need a duvet day or a day away from the office.
- A commitment to endeavour to facilitate annual leave requests in line with religious or cultural holidays
- A Westfield Healthcare membership which includes help towards dentist and optician costs
- A company pension
- A commitment to your personal development and training
- A commitment to your mental health and overall wellbeing
- Flexible working (by request)
Where am I based?
You will be office based, based at: 3 Edgedale Road, Sheffield S7 2BQ, there will be the potential to work remotely.
To apply for the role, please send your CV and cover letter to [email protected] before the closing date of midnight on Friday 16th September.