Full time – 40 hours
This job role is to cover maternity leave, starting immediately until December 2023.
How do you contribute?
You will work with the Managing Director & CEO to drive the business forward, implementing their vision and aiding growth.
A primarily office based role, you will have a strategic focus and plan for business growth by developing the projects side of the business. Scheduling and implementing a process led system to manage multiple ongoing projects across a number of sites at varying stages of completion.
You will need to be a strong leader with a focus on continuous improvement as well as people management and development of those you manage. You will have excellent time management and a flexible approach to ensure exemplary customer service.
You will have considerable and proven experience of kitchen/bathroom installation or trades/construction industry.
You should have sustainability and conscious practices at the forefront of your decision making as well as a commitment to the company values;
- Analysis of project cycle times and resources to drive improvements and track successes
- Planning and forecasting requirements by reviewing upcoming projects and ensuring resources are available
- Working closely within the Management Team to constantly improve our processes, find efficiencies, and improve customer service
- Planning and scheduling of jobs and workload
- Making sure job management software and schedules are kept up to date
- Site visits with tradespeople and our design team
- Monitoring job progress on site
- Ensuring the site is ready – client decisions made etc.
- Reporting site findings back to the Operations Manager to action
- Completing regulatory requirements in relation to Construction Design and Management (CDM) Risk Assessments and Health & Safety on site and in the workshop
- Ensuring any job extras are identified, costed and clearly communicated to the procurement manager
- Line Management responsibilities for the Projects team
- Ensuring subcontractor quotes are received and actioned in good time
- Managing Subcontractor/Supplier relationships
What is the nature of my key colleague relationships at SSK?
You report to the The Managing Director, they are there to support, develop and mentor you in a way that furthers the skills you have already proven. You will receive comprehensive 121’s and appraisals where a key development plan is followed, assessed and reviewed regularly. You will work closely within the installations team as well as the wider SSK team.
What will SSK do for me?
- We will pay you a salary of £25,000 – £27,000
- We will give you 29 days holiday each year, which includes all bank holidays • One day to be taken no questions asked whenever you might just need a duvet day or a day away from the office.
- A commitment to endeavour to facilitate annual leave requests in line with religious or cultural holidays
- A Westfield Healthcare membership which includes help towards dentist and optician costs
- A company pension
- A commitment to your personal development and training
- A commitment to your mental health and overall wellbeing
- Flexible working (by request)
Where am I based?
You will be based at our offices and workshop which is located at: 3 Edgedale Road, Sheffield S7 2BQ, some remote home working is also possible.
The successful candidate for this role will also demonstrate a commitment to Sheffield Sustainable Kitchens’ company values Extra Mile, Collaboration, Originality, Sustainability, Happy & Hardworking, Ethics, Thinks Ahead and Friendly.
To apply for the role, please send your CV and cover letter to [email protected] before the closing date of midnight on Friday 16th September.